Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Happy THANKSGIVING


As we celebrate Thanksgiving 2011, let us all take a moment and give grace to all of the experiences we each had this year.  We live ... We learn ... We question ... We acknowledge ... We appreciate ... and We give thanks. I deeply thank each and everyone of you for being part of my life.  Thank you for your listening and being a source of my support as I continue to create how I want to contribute to humanity.

This year, I attended the American Public Health Association  meeting in Washington DC.  I went to several talks on refugee awareness, their rights (or lack thereof), and the obstacles they are facing as they resettle in countries like the United States. Indeed, it is very humbling to live in a country where we do have the foundation of freedom and starting anew.  While acknowledging the various groups of people who continue to advocate for equal rights, the fact of being in this country provides the space for voices to be expressed and the opportunity to be heard.

During one of the afternoons in DC, I decided to take a walk and visit the new MLK memorial.  Etched on the marble wall, I'd like to share with you one of Dr. King's quotes as it tremendously inspired me.

"Darkness cannot drive out darkness. Only light can do that.                                Hate cannot drive out hate. Only love can do that."  ~ MLK

May you and everyone around you have an amazing LOVE-filled thanksgiving.

Hugs and Smiles,
Mercy

P.S. Please send your thanksgiving photos for the tribute collage.

No comments: